Saturday, November 8, 2008

Subject: your perspective

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 1:38 PM, Holly wrote:

Mark,

We were all ready to run your perspective and had it laid out on the page, until we realized you've already published it online on another site (insert link).

Please know that we require material we print to be original, and as such, had to pull this perspective.

Best,

Holly


On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 1:56 PM, Mark wrote:

Dear Holly and staff at Tico Times,

My profuse apologies. Truly. If this doesn't forever squelch my chance for future pieces with the Tico Times, please know it shan't happen again. I should have realized this would be your policy and I have no excuses.

Again, I am very, very sorry for the trouble and unnecessary work this has caused you all.

With much contrition,
Mark


On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 11:28 AM, Mark wrote:

Dear Holly,

I feel awful about what happened, and about all of the needless work I caused you and others. I am sure I am not a very popular person in the TT world right now.

Am I banned from future submissions? Obviously, I fervently hope not but if so, I will have to count it as a very painful lesson.

Regardless, again, I am very truly sorry.

Sincerely,
Mark



On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 12:06 PM, Holly wrote:

Whoa, tranquilo. You're hardly banned from submitting things in the future. This was just a heads up.

Best,

Holly


On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 12:39 PM, Mark wrote:

Great! I guess I can put the noose away now.

Thank you very much, Holly. Hasta la proxima vez, entonces.

Paz,
Mark

No comments: